Our products and services (“Products”), including the following:
- Office365 Migrations
Which information do we collect and how?
How we collect and store information depends on the Services and activities within those Services that you or your school, multiple academy trust, local authority or school district participates in. Some information that we collect may identify personal data, whereas other information is more generic in nature. We collect information through our Products that may, alone or in combination with other available information, be reasonably used to identify a current or former users in a school, multiple academy trust, local authority or school district. When we collect such user information for school purposes, we do it on behalf of a school, multiple academy trust, local authority or school district and we refer to this information as “Personal Data”. Renato Software Ltd. collects personal data only where a school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust has chosen to use our Products and the school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust has obtained and/or provided appropriate consent under applicable law, or a relevant legal exception applies to allow us to collect such information.
Information Provided Directly to Us
We may collect the following information directly from our users:
- School and Staff Contact Information: When administrators, teachers, school personnel, or other users submit a request or register for our Products through our Website, we request information necessary to contact the school and to use our Products. For instance, we may ask for a school administrator’s name, email address, phone number as well as the school’s name, address, billing address, number of devices, number of students, and network configuration to set up our Products.
- Staff Messages to Renato Software Ltd: When school staff or other users interact with Renato Software Ltd. through our support centre, community forums, email, or other means, we may receive and keep the emails, messages, and posts, including any contact information or content of such messages.
Information That We Collect Automatically
As you use our Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Analytics: Our Services automatically collect data via Google Analytics and other similar services (“our analytics tools”). Our analytics tools may collect information such as your IP address, Internet service provider (ISP), date and time of your visit, browser language, browser type, referring and exit pages and URLs, amount of time spent on pages, which parts of our Services you use, which links you click, search terms, operating system, traffic and related statistics, keywords, and/or other general browsing or usage data.
- Event Information: We collect information relating to how users interact with our Products and Services, such as service diagnostics and technical logging information (“Event Information”). Some examples of Event Information are which Products you use, how much time you spend using our Products, and how often you use our Products.
- Cookies and Local Storage: Our Services utilize Cookies to improve your current and future experience by allowing us to understand your usage of our Services. For example, cookies help our systems recognize you if you return to our Services shortly after exiting them. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that allow us to personalize the content of our Services. Cookies can be turned off via your browser settings if you so choose. However, if you turn your cookies off, some features of our Services may not function properly. In our Products, we use local storage to help remember your settings and account configuration.
- Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies on Our Website: We use web beacons across our Website to understand how visitors interact with our Website. We also use web beacons in certain customer emails to determine if they are reading these emails.
A school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust has registered with Renato Software Ltd. and obtain and/or provide proper consent for us to collect personal data through our Products. Personal data is collected on behalf of a school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust via our Product(s). Since we operate on behalf of schools, personal data is the property of and under control of the school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust at all times.
- Types of Personal Data Collected Using Our Products: On behalf of and via a school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust, Renato Software Ltd.’s Products collect user information (e.g., user’s name, device name, active directory information and email address). Depending on the selected Products, features, and settings, additional information may be collected such as browsing history, IP address, messages between users, screenshots, and device identifiers. The personal data collected may change if a school utilises new features and Products.
- User-Generated Content in Our Products: Our Products typically do not access or store User-generated content. However, if a user has created or stored user-generated content through sensoTM, the appropriate parent, guardian, or eligible user may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to transfer this information to him/her. If this information is still available in our systems and the requestor demonstrates he/she is authorised to have the information, we can provide the user-generated content to the appropriate individual in a commercially reasonable amount of time in either a CSV or another mutually-agreeable format to the appropriate individual. We will take commercially reasonable efforts to fully respond to any request for information, but we cannot guarantee retention of user-generated content.
- Submission of Personal Data Through Our Website: Our Website is not geared towards individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and is not meant to be used or accessed by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 through our Website without proper consent. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without appropriate school or parental consent, we will take steps to verify appropriate consent, obtain appropriate consent, or delete such information.
How do we use the information we collect?
Other Information: We use information other than personal data for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with our Services
- Send you information about your relationship or transactions with us
- Notify you about new features in the Products and new Products and Services
- Provide you with support
- Analyse and improve our Services and to develop new features and Products
- Send you marketing materials about updates to our products features that we believe may be of interest to you
- Notify you of company updates and notable events
- Help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our Services
- Administer and troubleshoot our Services
- Aggregate Data: We may create, use, and share aggregate, anonymous, or otherwise deidentified data for various business purposes such as product development, research, and marketing. Such data will not contain any personal data Information.
When do we share, or disclose the information we collect?
- Third Parties Supporting Our Website and Products:
We use other companies to perform certain business-related functions that support or improve our Services. Examples include hosting services, processing payments, sending emails, or customer service tools. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include personal data.
- With You or Your School’s Permission:
With you or your school’s permission and/or direction, we may share or disclose data, including personal data, to third parties. For example, if you or your school chooses to integrate Renato Software Ltd.’s Products with another third-party company’s products or services, then we will share your data with your consent and/or direction. With your permission, we may also share or disclose your name, school’s name, and other content through a testimonial video or quotation.
- Legal Requirements:
- Business Requirements:
We may share or disclose certain data, including personal data, in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. In this case, the successor entity is subject to all applicable laws, including applicable student privacy laws. In connection with such a transaction, we will also work to ensure that the successor entity has a commitment to student privacy.
How do we protect your information?
Renato Software Ltd. takes the security and privacy of your data very seriously. For these reasons, Renato Software Ltd. has implemented various technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data, including specific training of our personnel authorised to access personal data or other information that can identify you personally. These safeguards vary depending on the sensitivity of the information at issue.
Renato Software Ltd. is committed to preventing unauthorised access to our systems and data, and will investigate any possible occurrence. In the event of a breach of personal data, Renato Software Ltd. will comply with all relevant breach laws, including applicable requirements to provide notification to you, affected parents, legal guardians, and/or eligible students.
When do we delete data?
- School’s Request for Deletion of Personal Student Information:
At any time during or following the termination of the Agreement, a school may request the deletion of the personal data held by Renato Software Ltd. pursuant to this Agreement. Renato Software Ltd. will take reasonable efforts to delete and/or anonymise such information in a commercially reasonable amount of time under applicable laws, unless we are required to retain such information to comply with our legal obligations or law enforcement, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. We will also transfer personal data at you or your school’s request in a commercially reasonable amount of time in compliance with applicable law.
- Deactivated Accounts:
We may consider a school’s account to be terminated 90 days after a school’s Renato Software Ltd. licenses expire without renewal by the school, school district, local authority or multiple academy trust. At that time, we will anonymise and/or delete personal data within a commercially reasonable period if that information is not necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
- Data Deletion:
How can you access and modify information?
Parents, Legal Guardians, and Eligible Users:
Upon request and in accordance with applicable law, we may disclose certain personal data collected through our Products that we and our agents have about you or your child so that you may review and/or request changes in the accuracy of such information. If you wish to request a review or correction of your child’s records, please contact the appropriate official in your school and ask them to collaborate with the Renato Software Ltd. team to carry out this action. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner in accordance with applicable law.
Please reference the “Personal Data” section above.
Important Notice to Non-European Union (EU) Residents
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns, the best way to reach us is by emailing email@example.com. You can also reach us by calling +44 (0)115 857 3776 or by writing to Renato Software, Ltd. 11 High Street, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6DT.
INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE (ICO)
Registration Number: ZA242629